Join the waitlist
When you find a good Centre (like ours!) there will probably be a childcare wait list for parents. Playing the waiting game can be nerve-wracking, especially if you really need to secure a place for your child as soon as possible. That’s why we suggest doing a lot of research around childcare centres in your area (preferably when you’re pregnant, crazy as that may sound). Go on childcare wait lists as early as you can. When you find a centre in the right location and with the services you need (such as long daycare and a preschool program), you may wish to book a tour and talk to the centre’s director.
Being on a wait list doesn’t necessarily mean you have to go to that childcare centre if a place becomes available. It just gives you options. You’ll probably want to put your child down on a number of childcare wait lists to increase your chances of being offered a spot in your chosen area and at a childcare centre you really like. Here are some other tips for securing a spot at the centre of your choice:
- Start putting your name on childcare wait lists at least 12 months in advance
- Call the centre every month to see if there’s any update on available places
- Consider popping in to see the staff at a centre or doing a tour
- Enrol your children at the same centre as often siblings get priority
- Realise you may have to pay a fee to go on a childcare wait list.
If you’d like to go on our childcare wait list, please click the button below and fill in the form that pops up. We’ll be in touch about our availability as soon as possible. Thank you!