Terms and Conditions
Legal information and notices
What follow is an outline of the Terms and Conditions from our enrolment booklet.
CONSENT TO EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT
In the event of an emergency, illness or accident concerning their child, each parent gives permission for the Centre to seek, on their behalf a registered medical practitioner, dental practitioner, hospital and /or transportation of their child by an ambulance service and accept liability for medical, dental, hospital and ambulance expenses incurred.
PRIORITY OF ACCESS
Parents understand that, where there are insufficient childcare places available to meet the needs of families, the Centre is obliged to apply the Federal Government’s Priority of Access Guidelines:
- Children at risk of serious abuse or neglect
- A child of a single parent who satisfies or of two parents who both satisfy the work/ training study test under Section 14 of the Family Assistance Act
- Any other child within each category, the following children are given priority:
• Children in Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander families
• Children in families which include a disabled person
• Children in families on lower incomes
• Children in families with a non-English speaking background
• Children in socially isolated families
• Children of single parents
This may result in a child who is a third priority being asked to relinquish a place for a higher priority child. Should this unlikely situation arise, the Centre will give fourteen days notice.
Parents give permission for use of items from the Centre’s First Aid Kit by a staff member with First Aid qualifications.
Parents acknowledge that Seaforth Child Care is not authorised to administer any medication to my child unless written authorisation is provided by a parent. Parents further indemnify Seaforth Child Care from all responsibility in administering any medication. Parents understand that all medication must be in the original container, clearly labelled with child’s name and the dosage, and should be stored either in the fridge or in the medication container.
Parents give permission for my child to be given a dose of children’s paracetamol if: his/ her temperature rises to 38° C or above; if he/she is in pain or discomfort; a parent cannot be contacted within 30 minutes. Should a dose of children’s paracetamol be administered to their child, a parent must arrange for their child to be collected from the Centre within an hour. Parents understand that children’s paracetamol will not be administered to any child under 6 months of age.
Parents give permission for sun screen to be applied to their child (one year of age or older)
Parents understand that the Centre’s Policy document is available in the foyer for perusal or loan and agree to comply with the Centre’s stated Policies and Procedures.
A refundable fee of two weeks fees must be paid to secure your child’s enrolment. This reserves a place for your child and is refunded in the last week of care. This fee is forfeited if booked place is cancelled before starting. Fees are payable fortnightly in advance.
- A late payment fee applies to accounts that fall into arrears – a fee of 10% of the outstanding balance will be added to overdue childcare fees. Fees remain payable when a child is absent, including sickness, holidays and if a public holiday falls during the week.
- The Child Care Benefit (CCB) is available for all families regardless of means and parents must register with the Family Assistance Office on 136 150 when your child commences at the Centre. CCB can be deducted from your bill or received as a lump sum at the end of the financial year. You are responsible for complying with the FAO’s terms and conditions applicable to CCB.
- The Child Care Benefit scheme allows for 42 absences from the booked attendance days per financial year. CCB is not paid beyond this limit. CCB is payable for absences for illness if supported with a medical certificate, for parents RDOs and other recognised reasons
- Four weeks written notice is required to withdraw days or for termination of a booking. Fees remain payable whether or not your child attends during the four week notice period. CCB is only claimable up until your child’s last day of actual attendance.
- An after-hours fee is charged if your child is not collected until after closing time. A fee of $50 for the first 15 minutes or part thereof and then $2 per minute thereafter will be charged
- A sibling discount applies to eligible families.
- Seaforth Child Care will seek costs relating to the recovery of unpaid or outstanding fees.
Parents should read and agree to abide by the Centre’s fee policy. Parents understand that late payment of fees may result in their child’s place being suspended or terminated.
Parents agree to Seaforth Child Care photographing their child for the Centre’s promotional purposes.
We abide by the National Privacy Principles contained with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 as applies to the law of a participating jurisdiction for the purposes of the National Quality Framework. The information you provide will be used confidentially by staff. Part 6.2 Division 1 of the Education and Care Services National Regulations (NSW) lists the parties other than parents who may access Centre records eg an authorised officer from the Department of Education and Community. I authorise my child’s records to be viewed by an Authorised Officer as part of the Centre’s participation in the Assessment and Rating process.
Parents agree to abide by the policy that staff do not baby-sit for children currently enrolled at the Centre.
Parents agree to ensure that no hazardous items are brought to the Centre with their child and to comply with the Centre’s safety policies.